Operating in ‘smart partnership’ with the Government, MAPCU serves to harness the full potential of the private higher education industry.
MAPCU’s objectives include:
- Promoting and co-ordinating the development of Malaysia’s private higher education industry.
- Enhancing the quality and delivery of courses and programmes conducted by its members.
- Identifying and studying problems arising in the industry and implementing solutions in cooperation with relevant Government agencies and professional bodies.
- Protecting and representing the legitimate interests of members in matters of legislation, policies and procedures.
- Seeking representation on National-level Committees, Councils, Working Groups and Boards set up by the Government or related organisations concerning the education sector.
- Encouraging and promoting the practice or professionalism and ethics among members.
- Affiliating itself with international associations and bodies involved in both public and private higher education.